Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tender Mercies

Lately, I cannot help but notice the many tender mercies we have received. At the end of each day I am humbled and remember many throughout the day. Another mother passing down clothes, finding costumes at Vallarta, being able to be home with my kids, a promotion at work, friends to go to the temple with, the list could go on and on. I feel so truly blessed and humble for these many blessings.
Elder David A. Bednar said, "I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us."   I have such a strong testimony of this. I know that as I have gotten to my knees and have prayed for help, it has come. I know without a shadow of a doubt that He knows me personally and is a part of my life. Here is the link to Elder Bednar's entire talk which is definitely worth reading! http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2005/04/the-tender-mercies-of-the-lord?lang=eng
Last night we were able to attend Literacy night at Ethan's school. It was nice to chat with his teachers and see him in his element. The boys each picked out a book from the book fair. We have been setting aside more time for reading and the boys are really starting to get into books. Last night we also got Ethan's school pictures. They turned out very cute.
Another new-ish thing is that the boys are pretend playing together. And not fighting. :) Yesterday they were going after the bad guys which Josh notified me was 'the girls'. I made a sad face and he told me, "It's ok, you're not a girl, you are a mama." Phew! I was a little worried. :) They have been pretend playing a lot lately and it is always entertaining.


Lastly, I think I will be rejoining facebook. Mainly so I can post my blog updates. I have been asked to review a book and it will be hard to get my posts looked at unless I post on Facebook. I still won't be posting much, but I am looking forward to blogging more consistently.


Lastly, words of wisdom from Pinterest! :) "You will never have this day with your children again. Today is a gift. Breathe and notice. Study their little faces and feet. Relish the charms of the present. Enjoy today mama, it will be gone before you know it." Jan Hatmaker










No comments:

Post a Comment