Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Self Discipline Book Review

I recently read an Ebook about self-displine. I am attaching the link to the book at the end of my post. :) The ebook is called, 21 Days to a More Discipined Life. When I had the chance to review this book, I jumped on it. I often feel that I am good at setting goals and of coming up with grand ideas for projects and all sorts of cool things, but I feel like I am rarely able to finish everything I want to accomplish. I often try to eat the proverbial elephant in one sitting in less than hour. The problem with that is it doesn't work obviously, and it really is not humanly possible. One day when I was reading another great book The Unstoppable You I realized my problem: I had poor self discipline. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel like I try to do my best, but I seemed to fail at a lot of things. This had me discouraged so when I saw this new Ebook I was very excited.
The author breaks up the process into bite sized pieces and habits. She focuses on gaining the little victories and setting a foundation for success. Instead of trying to figure out how to swallow the whole elephant she breaks it up into daily sized portions. It has mini daily tasks and also breaks up one mega task over 21 days.
The first time I read this book, I simply did a read through to see if I thought it was doable. Now comes the real test. I am going to take this book and do it day by day? Anyone else interested? If so please let me know. I would love to have an accountability partner. Someone to share the journey with. I will be posting my victories (and hopefully not too many nonvictories) throughout the next 3 weeks.
Here's to a new way of living!




http://crystalpaine.com/21-days-to-a-more-disciplined-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment